Friday, September 9, 2011
Did you eye those brownies at Once Upon a Tart while you were on the Central Village/ Soho Tour? Try them at home! Here is the recipe as published on the blog Once Upon A Chocolate Life.
4 sticks of unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips or 9 oz of good quality cocoa
2 cups of sugar
8 large eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of all purpose flower
1/4 tsp salt
optional: 2 cups walnuts.
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Melt the butter and the chocolate in a pan over low heat. Be careful not to burn.
3. When butter and chocolate are combined, add sugar, stir for two more minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
4. Pour mixture into big bowl and once cooled, add eggs, whisk thoroughly.
5. In a separate bowl mix flour and salt. Slowly mix into chocolate mixture until just combined, do not over mix. Add nuts at this point if you would like.
6.Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, the recipe call for them to be slightly undercooked, so the toothpick will not come out clean.
7. Remove from oven, place on wire rack and let cool to room temperature before cutting.