Friday, May 4, 2012
Avocado + anything is tasty, but Tacombi takes it to a new level. Try Tacombi on our Nolita/ Noho tour!
Recipe courtesy Daily Candy
For the ceviche4 grouper or red snapper fillets
Juice of 20 limes
4 serrano or jalapeno peppers, sliced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Saltine crackers or corn tostadas
1 tomato, chopped
¼ onion, chopped
1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
Juice of 2 limes
Salt to taste
1. Slice fish sashimi style (¼-inch slices, slicing from top to cutting surface).
2. Make a marinade of lime juice, peppers, cilantro, and salt and pepper.
3. Submerge fish in marinade. Let rest in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
4. Combine fish with garnish (recipe below).
5. Serve atop tostadas or with crackers as a dip.
For the garnish
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.